Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UPDATE: Richland Missouri Route 66 Postcard

I did a post in November last year showing the postcard below from a Route 66 Mobil gas station and restaurant in Richland, Missouri and got an inquiry from Bill in Richland about buying this postcard.

Bill says: "I actually own the property that is directly behind it and my father in-law owns that property now, there have been a few updates to it like, there is now a large bay on the backside of the building, the gas pumps were taken out quite a few years back".

He sent me some pictures of what the place looks like today, which is 50 years later. You can still see where the Mobil name was painted over in the second picture.

To me, this is what blogging is all about. A real slice of the "Americana Pie". Thank you Bill for sending me your pictures. They are truly appreciated.


outsidetheberm said...

This is so great. What are the odds of that fellow finding your picture? Thanks for that.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

I thought it was pretty cool myself.