Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life Magazine - July 30, 1965

Mickey Mantle's Misery - The New York Yankees' great slugger plays on bum knees and courage as his career fades. By John R. McDermott. (Photograph by John Dominis)

J.F.K., Dean Rusk and State Department - Part III of "A Thousand Days." By Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. A White House insider's story of President Kennedy's frustration over lethargy, mediocrity and entrenched bureaucracy in Secretary Rusk's department. (Photograph Associated Press)

Shirley Temple's Debutante Daughter - Still another milestone for the movie moppet. (Photograph by Alfred Eisenstaedt)

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I am addicted to old LIFE magazines! I have a fantasy of having a complete collection of all of the original issues, from the 30's through the 70's. I know, riduculous. But I just want to be able to pull an issue out and read it, to see all of the current events, latest in fashion and entertainment, and of course the wonderful ads. How much of my life could I waste doing that??