Saturday, March 15, 2008

National Railway Bulletin Week - Prologue

Starting on Monday I will post the first of a full week of National Railway Bulletin articles from each of the booklets pictured below. The National Railway Bulletin is now in its 73rd year of publication, and in my opinion, is the best railroad magazine around.

These articles will be informative and are an excellent historic read of "Modern American Railroading" of the day. Under each of the pictures is the title of the article that will be posted next week.

In addition: Monday will be my 100th post and I would like to thank all of you that have taken the time to hop on-board the Viewliner Limited for a "Tour of Americana". I have enjoyed talking with many of you and look forward to continued blogging as we look at some of the things that can only be described as true "Americana".


COMING MONDAY: The Chicago & North Western and the "Overland Route". Written by H. Roger Grant. 13 pages.

COMING TUESDAY: Santa Fe All the Way, How AT&SF pioneered long steam runs. Written by Lloyd E Stagner. 15 pages.

COMING WEDNESDAY: Center Entrance Interurban Cars. Written by Harold Ahlstrom, with photos from the author's collection. 6 pages.

COMING THURSDAY: Kansas City Southern "E-UNITS". Written by Don G. Campbell. 5 pages.

COMING FRIDAY: The International Trolley. Written by Edward A. Ridolph, Jr. 6 pages.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Whenever I see old steam trains in movies I get nostalgic for an era that I never got to experience.

Cory The Raven said...

Amen Major! Actually... yeah, that's pretty much what both my blog and my undergrad degree are all about ^_^

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the railway bulletin and the next 100 posts. Congratulations, and I'm very much enjoying this ride through mid-century Americana!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Thanks all for your nice comments. All are appreciated.