Friday, May 30, 2008

Mad Magazine Covers

Mad is an American humor magazine founded by editor Harvey Kurtzman and publisher William Gaines in 1952. It is the last surviving title from the notorious and critically acclaimed EC Comics line.

Offering satire on all aspects of American life and pop culture, the monthly publication deflates stuffed shirts and pokes fun at common frailties.

Here are some examples of Mad Covers Trading Cards and a few recent covers that are some of my favorites.









1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

OK, now you've made my day! MAD magazine was so important to me when I was a kid, I just loved it. And those covers are timeless classics (Mingo rules)! Every sunday after church my mom and dad would take us to Dunkin' Donuts, and then we could go next door to the news stand and buy a comic book. On extra special occasions, we were allowed to buy a paperback book of Mad magazine stuff, I still have them all in a box somewhere!