Monday, June 16, 2008

Pomona, California 1950's

Downtown - Harris & Frank, Triangle Shoes, Karl's Shoes and Dr. M. Penner Optometrist.

Downtown - Thrifty Cut Rate Drug Stores, "We Give Blue Chip Stamps", Woolworth's, Home Savings and Loan and the Pomona Hotel.

Home Savings & Loan Association Bank - Cleveland Wrecking Company, Pomona Discount Center.

Clark Brothers Buick and Oldsmobile Dealer and garage.

Opening of the new San Bernardino Freeway.

Plans for an additional lane on the San Bernardino Freeway.

Tomorrow we will go shopping at the new Pomona Mall in the 1960's.


Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

WOW, Neat history! I love old Socal Freeeway photos and info! OMG In the dealer photo I want that 1950 Buick Super (model #52) it looks pretty even in black and white. Thanks!

Denise said...

I lived on Alexander Avenue in Pomona, in the 50's. The San Bernardino freeway came through around 1955-56? and an offramp was built onto my street. It became Indian Hill Blvd. My Uncle Don Edie lived at our house while he worked on the freeway.

Anonymous said...

I lived across from the Pomona Hospital in 1956. The freeway took this area out by 61. I worked for FLower lane Florist while going to HS. Anyone remember those days?

Chris James said...

So cool to see the how Pomona grew from the early decades, till now.