Thursday, June 5, 2008

President Nixon at Orange County Airport 1969

More photographs from my brothers albums. These photos were shot by him in 1969 at Orange County Airport when President Nixon and the First Lady arrived for a stay at the Western White House in San Clemente.

The following four pictures show the arrival of Air Force One with the President and First Lady on-board.





The following five pictures show the President and First Lady in a crowd of people shaking hands. I think security is a little different today.





The following three photos are of the Marine One helicopter with the President and First Lady on-board heading for San Clemente.



4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, your brother took these?? Amazing that he could get so close. Great, and historic. I once bought some slides that were mostly from Fresno, and was thrilled to find some in which you can *just* see president Kennedy!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Rare and historic photos! but of course I LOVE that 707!!! I've seen it (or its twin?) at the Ronald Reagan Museum 3 times, boy is it pretty the way they have it "ready to fly"... p.s. you should do a post on that someday....

Thanks! TV Guide scan update; I’m up to Thursday night (I can’t decide what to watch, Dragnet or Playhouse 90?)

Viewliner Ltd. said...

For Major: There was a parking lot to the left of the terminal that only had a 4 or 5 foot fence. It was easy to take pics from there. It is kind of strange though, that security was not tougher, considering the Kennedy assasination.

For VDT: Going to the Reagan museum is on the top of my list. I will definitely take a bunch of pictures when I go. Thanks very much for all the hard work on the TV Guide. I really appreciate it, Richard.

Major Pepperidge said...

My parents live only minutes from the Ronald Reagan museum, but I only went there once to see an exhibit about... Walt Disney! It was pretty neat. Also got to hear Michael Broggie talk about Walt and trains.