Thursday, December 18, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 5: At Home for the Holidays

Christmas tree in the home of Wilbur and Orville Wright at 7 Hawthorn Street in Dayton, Ohio, three years before their famous flight.

James J. Davis, Secretary of Labor in the Harding, Coolidge and Hoover administrations, moonlighting as Santa Claus, December 1921.

Oak Park, Illinois family in the kitchen, 1952.

Oak Park, Illinois family with Lionel Electric Trains, 1953.

A Barbie Christmas, 1964.

LINK: Many more vintage photos can be seen on "SHORPY in HD"

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

So fantastic, these really say "Christmas" to me. Almost as much as looking at the Sears "Wishbook" when I was a kid!!

Ray Peacock said...

My siblings and I used to string popcorn for the tree like in the 1921 photo. In our family movies, Dad wrote out "1964" in popcorn on the floor to mark the year of the home movie.

Heidi Ann said...

Okay - now I cannot think of anything I would love to find under my tree more than those vintage Barbie cases those little girls got in 1964!! Seriously.