Friday, December 19, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6: Christmas Shopping 1958

50 years ago from the pages of the 1958 Sears Christmas Book catalog. Images courtesy of Jason at WishbookWeb.com

Well let's go shopping for the family... For dear old Dad, a Christmas wouldn't be the same without the "Smooth Sailing of Old Spice" because it is a gift for the "Modern Man".

For Mom it has to be something very unique, not a new pot or pan or new fancy steam iron, but something personal. So maybe some exclusive Fragrance Sets or True Manicure Luxury.

Now for my two "pains in the ass" older brothers (you can relate), a "Roy Rogers Roundup Holster Set" for sure-Shootin' "Hours of Pistol Packin' play" and a Bret and Bart Maverick double holster set with "Inlaid Gold Coloring". If they don't like 'em... THOUGH! :-)

For my two younger brothers, good kids as they are, a "New! 190 piece Two Silo Farm Set" and the "Realistic Allstate Deluxe Service Station". Where am I getting all this money? I have no real JOB! I guess I will have to mow about 40 more lawns.

Now this is what I am hoping for, the "Best Allstate 6-unit Passenger train with Triple Diesels!" (Go figure, huh!). In fact (and this is true by the way) I got the Paladin "Have Gun, Will Travel" double pistol and holster set with of course, a wallet with "Special Calling Cards". But my pistol set also came with a derringer, hidden behind the belt buckle. It was awesome.

Did you ever think back and try to remember were all your cool stuff went?

4 comments:

Gunnar and Sherry said...

I had one of those realistic Allstate De Luxe gas stations from Sears when I was a kid (the 1960s version). It was cool...now whatever to it?

Gunnar and Sherry said...

whatever happened to it, that is

The Blue Parrot said...

The Sears Wish Book was a staple in our house for many, many years! Thanks for the look at this one!

Davelandweb said...

I'll take one of everything, thank you!