Friday, December 5, 2008

The White House

A 1914 view of the executive mansion (with tent in Rose Garden) from over the West Wing looking east past the Treasury building and along Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol. (From SHORPY)

White House Green Room, December 1956.

White House East Ballroom, December 1956.

White House Blue Room, December 1956.

White House State Dining Room, December 1956.

White House Red Room, December 1956.

LINK: Color Photos of "One Family Through Time" from vieilles_annonces on Flickr.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I assume that you still can't tour the White House (after 9/11)? I remember taking the tour when I was a kid, and the tour guide stressed that "the White House is YOUR house"!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

I am not sure Major. But I don't think you can take a tour.