Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bus Transport Service

Bus services play a major role in the provision of public transport. These services can take many forms, varying in distance covered, types of vehicle used, and can operate with fixed or flexible routes and schedules.

Public Transport Inc. Bus No. 8 in Chillicothe, Ohio, 1940.

Naval Air Station Bus No. 50 in Cristobal, Panama, 1945.

Greyhound Buses at the 1964 New York World's Fair.

Vintage 1930's "White" Yellowstone Park tour bus.

Union Pacific Bus at the Davis Railroad Yard in Roseville, Ca.


The Old Nail said...

What great photos!
The top one with the snow is a real winner for me, old vehicles in snow seem to appeal to my nostalgic side.

Keith said...

These are really cool. What's funny is that in my life I've only rode one bus as part of public transportation. I live in a rural area and have my own car. It was actually in Rome that I rode a bus.

Cory Gross said...

Jolene and I discussed the possibility of going down to Yellowstone some time in the summer (on the uber-cheap, since we're going to Japan in November), and after the experience in Waterton-Glacier, I'm looking forward to seeing the yellow White Buses ^_^

Viewliner Ltd. said...

I know what you mean Old Nail.

Keith the longest trip I ever took by bus was from El Paso to LA by Greyhound many years ago when I went home on leave from the Army. I had a blast.

Cory & Jolene, if you do go to Yellowstone, take lots and lots of pics. The Viewliner always likes pics :-)

TokyoMagic! said...

Great pic of the bus at the New York World's Fair showing the electronic attendance board!

cedric said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.