Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pennsylvania Diners

The Village Diner - U.S. Routes 6 & 209, Milford, Pennsylvania - "The Diner With The Tea Room Atmosphere" - At the Northeastern Gateway to the Pocono Mountains - Owned and Operated by Graham D. and Glen Musselwhite.

The Milford Diner - Open since 1928 - 301 Broad Street, Milford, Pennsylvania - "Famous For Fine Foods" - Open 24 hours with off street parking.

Caeser's Diner - Established in 1938, located at Rts.115-512 - At the Penn. Can Interchange at Wind Gap, Penn - See the beautiful Poconos from the Southeast side Gateway to Camelback to Keystone Shortway.

Serro's Diner - The new modern stainless steel, Air Conditioned Diner - Operated by Louis and Joseph Serro, Route 30, Irwin, Penn - This Diner replaces the original Diner opened in 1938.

Zinn's Country Diner - U.S. Route 222, Denver, Penna - Located in the Heart of the Penna. Dutch Section - 1 block North of Reading Lancaster Exit #21 of the Pa. Turnpike - "Before you leave, visit our unique Pennsylvania Dutch Gift Shop".

5 comments:

Keith said...

I've never really been to Penn. I went through the airport at Pittsburgh a couple of times. These are great. I always loved old diners. You don't see them that often anymore. I always stop in one when I go on a trip anywhere if I can find one.

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Love these photos! I especially like the huge Amish guy in front of Zinn's. I guess you can make a mascot out of anything!

Major Pepperidge said...

That familiar looking landscape... my family lived near Harrisburg for a few years, and I have lots of fond memories of Pennsylvania. Including snowy winters, which are just FUN for a kid! These diners are awesome.

Richard Harrison said...

Woot! The only thing better are New Jersey diners.

walterworld said...

How many are left? I hope they all soldier on...