Saturday, March 7, 2009

Florida Vacation Slides

Burdine's Sunshine Fashions in St. Petersburg - 1950's.

The Cotton Patch Restaurant somewhere in Florida - 1950's.

Cypress Gardens - May, 1961.

Terrace Acre Mobile Haven, Florida - 1950's.

Key West Motor Inn - April, 1958.

Coconuts at St. Petersburg - 1950's.

LINK: All photos are from the 20th Century Nostalgia collection of vieilles_annonces on Flickr. (Used with permission)


Major Pepperidge said...

I love these pictures of roadside diners, motels, and shopping centers. All in glorious Kodachrome, and from the 50's. What could be better!

Dave said...

Nice slides all, but a shopping center - now that's my idea of a vacation slide!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Nice post, fun & warm photos! Dave, I love that shopping center too, thought of you right away! Looks like a yellow '56 Buick on the right in the "EAT" photo! Thanks Richard!

Keith said...

I love all these pics. It really makes me wish I could go back then. They look so cool. Cheers!

Dave said...

The coconut stand and Cypress Gardens shots are prime examples of the pre-Disney Florida tourism era.

Skrip said...

I think the coconut lady is my neighbor now! LOL

Floridadreamvillas said...

This seems to be an incredible source for Orlando Villas,Florida Villas discounts and savings that will make your trip affordable and fun for Florida vacations.I had been relying on earlier and they too offered good stuff.