Saturday, March 21, 2009

Randsburg, CA - Part 4: Leaving Town

I recently took a trip to Randsburg, a town known as "A Living Ghost Town". I had driven through there about two years ago and vowed to go back as soon as possible to take as many pictures as I could. I took about 150 pictures, here are some of them. ENJOY!

Randsburg is located in Kern County, California. It is on the west side of U.S. Route 395 between Kramer Junction to the south and Ridgecrest to the north.

White House Saloon.

White House Saloon rest area.

Randsburg Inn, Lodging & Antiques.

Austin's Second Hand Garage,
with some folks sitting out on the porch.

Randsburg's Opera House Banquet Hall and Cafe.
Banquet hall facilities offer fine service and good food.
Opera House Entertainers in period costumes add charm
reminiscent of the glory days in this gold mining camp.

I think they sell Westminster Musical Wind Chimes here!

Lelyns Leather & Gift Shop.

Parkers Powder Room Antiques.
Come On In - It Will Blow Your Mine.

An original stamping mill.

An original mine train.

An original ore wagon.

And finally, an original old building. I hope you enjoyed
looking at these pictures. I will try my best to update these
pictures as I gather more information about them.
But for now, Thank You For Looking.

If anyone has more information on any of these pictures, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will use it to update this post.

To see Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the Randsburg story, just scroll down.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I hope that no ghosts followed you home!

outsidetheberm said...

Nice!

Guess it's time to go back again! Thanks for these.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

No ghosts Major, just a rattling sound in my trunk.