Thursday, March 5, 2009

RR Postcard Find

Every once in a while you find a real treasure. Anyway a treasure as far as I am concerned. I bought these postcards at a local swap meet. They are great old postcards in absolute mint condition. I bought all they had, about 5 or 6 of each one. If anyone would like to have a set of these, contact me and you can buy them at my cost. ---- $5.00 for all three plus a postage stamp. ----


Barstow, California - Santa Fe Railway maintenance yard on Route 66 - PC circa late 1950's or early 1960's. Published by Columbia.


Milwaukee Road "Olympian Hiawatha" leaving Seattle, Washington - PC circa 1960's. Published by John Stern.


Amtrak San Diegan arriving in San Diego - PC circa 1970's. Published by Audio-Visual Design.

6 comments:

Keith said...

It's so cool what you can find out there.

Major Pepperidge said...

Is that San Diego station still standing? What a beauty!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Keith: Its just like searching for buried treasure.

Major: If you ever get some time to go to San Diego, you have got to make sure you see this station. It is an original Santa Fe RR station and is completely refurbished to its original state. And it is awesome!!!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

And by the way it is the end of the line for the Amtrak Surfliner Train.

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard blog postcardy.blogspost.com and noticed you have a lot of postcards on your blog. I am wondering if those are all postcards in your collection. I like to collect links to blogs about postcards. Coincidentally, yesterday I sold 170 different train postcards from Mary Jayne's & AudioVisual publishers. I am still interested in train postcards, mostly advertising types and streamliners.

The Blue Parrot said...

I'd give a lot more than $5 is San Diego still had all of those tracks. They sure could use them now... Busier than ever and not enough room for all of the Surfliners, Coasters and streetcars. Yes, the station still stands, used every day.