Friday, April 24, 2009

Reed Family: 1964 NYWF

Here is another group of great pictures from the Reed Family, taken at the New York World's Fair in 1964. Be sure not to miss tomorrow's Reed Family pictures Grande Finale. Very cool stuff! (All pictures used with permission of Leon Reed)

  • "I've traveled since I was young. My parents used to take a long vacation every summer in our trailer, and by the time I was 14, I had been in all 48 (lower) states. A few years ago, my dad gave me his extensive slide collection from the 50s and 60s. My dad was (is) an outstanding photographer and, fortunately, he used Kodachrome. Almost all of the photos were taken by my dad -- though my mom, who actually worked as a professional photo finisher, was no slouch either." ~ Leon Reed.


    New York World's Fair and freeway.

    Equitable Life Insurance population clock.

    AT&T building, New York World's Fair.

    General Motors building, New York World's Fair.

    IBM exhibit, New York World's Fair.

    One of the many snack bars at the NYWF, 1964.
  • 2 comments:

    Major Pepperidge said...

    Are you sure that that is the IBM exhibit? ;-) They really wanted people to know who laid that egg.

    Love the NYWF, I have a post coming up that will have a picture of that Equitable Life clock.

    TokyoMagic! said...

    The Tower of the Four Winds is visible in that first photo! I knew it was tall, but I had no idea that it was THAT tall!

    Always love seeing World's Fair pics...especially Seattle '62 and New York '64/65. Thank you Viewliner, and thank you to Leon Reed for sharing his families photos and memories.