Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reed Family: Florida 1963

As you can see the Reed's have a new Ford Station Wagon and an Airstream trailer now. So lets join them on their 1963 trip to Florida. Tomorrow the Reed family will visit the 1964 New York World's Fair. (All pictures used with permission of Leon Reed)

  • "I've traveled since I was young. My parents used to take a long vacation every summer in our trailer, and by the time I was 14, I had been in all 48 (lower) states. A few years ago, my dad gave me his extensive slide collection from the 50s and 60s. My dad was (is) an outstanding photographer and, fortunately, he used Kodachrome. Almost all of the photos were taken by my dad -- though my mom, who actually worked as a professional photo finisher, was no slouch either." ~ Leon Reed.

    Florida welcome station, 1963.

    The historic city of St. Augustine.

    The oldest house in America, St. Augustine.

    The oldest schoolhouse in America, St. Augustine.

    Skier posing with kite, Cypress Gardens, 1963.

    Southern belles at Cypress Gardens, 1963.
  • 4 comments:

    Keith said...

    These pictures are amazing. All these pictures you've been posting remind me of all the awesome trips I took growing up. I need a vacation bad.

    Major Pepperidge said...

    Great Cypress Gardens pix, I have a few that I should share on my blog...

    Viewliner Ltd. said...

    You and me both Keith.

    By all means Major, post those babies!

    Gunnar and Sherry said...

    These are really great, although I'm sorry to see the 58 wagon go. The Airstream makes up for it though!