Saturday, April 25, 2009

Reed Family: The Grande Finale

Today we have the final installment of the Reed Family vacation destinations pictures. I would like to thank Leon Reed for allowing me to post these great photographs of his family's vacation destinations these past few weeks. For many more fantastic photographs, please visit Leon Reed's Photostream on Flickr.

1960 Airstream rally. Anyone know where?

1960 San Francisco street and Golden Gate Bridge.

1960 Fisherman's Wharf and Alioto's, San Francisco.

1960 Golden Nugget and Fremont St., Las Vegas.

1960 Lucky Strike Club, Fremont St., Las Vegas.

1960 Graumann's Chinese Theater, Hollywood.

1960 Palm lined street in Beverly Hills.

1961 Flower Market, Disneyland.

1961 Monorail & Motor Boats, Disneyland.

1961 Jungle Cruise Dock, Disneyland.


Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man! It's over? MANY thanks to the Reed family, these are exceptional images. The San Francisco pictures are so wonderful (I think that's the Oakland Bay bridge, not the Golden Gate?), AMAZING Las Vegas pictures (and night photos too, even better), and some last wonderful Disneyland pictures for dessert.

TokyoMagic! said...

So where was the Air Stream rally? Is that So. Cal.?

Minako said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Glen said...

1960 WBCCI International Rally was in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Leon said...

Hi, I just stumbled across these photos -- I had totally forgotten about the long-ago request. Very nice treatment of my family's vacation memories and it really brings back a lot of them.

People might be interested to know the photographer, my dad, is still alive and kicking at age 96. He doesn't get around as much but he still has a lot of zest and he enjoys seeing his photos online. I'll show him the collection next time I'm home.

Through about 1962, he used a Leica rangefinder and 100% Kodachrome film. It was REALLY slow -- ASA 64 film didn't even come out until abou 1963, so all those shots of the 1960 trip were with film that about ASA 25.

Many thanks for featuring these photos and for the nice comments.

The Viewliner Limited said...

All is very much appreciated Leon. The best to you and your family, Richard.

Anonymous said...

It is the Bay Bridge and it looks like 1940's.