Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reed Family: Seattle World's Fair - Part 1

For the next two days we will join the Reed Family at the Seattle World's Fair in 1962. (All pictures used with permission of Leon Reed)

  • "I've traveled since I was young. My parents used to take a long vacation every summer in our trailer, and by the time I was 14, I had been in all 48 (lower) states. A few years ago, my dad gave me his extensive slide collection from the 50s and 60s. My dad was (is) an outstanding photographer and, fortunately, he used Kodachrome. Almost all of the photos were taken by my dad -- though my mom, who actually worked as a professional photo finisher, was no slouch either." ~ Leon Reed.

    Looking down on the Fair from the Space Needle.

    The Aerial Tramway and Spanish Village.

    The Seattle World's Fair "Fairliner" tram.

    The Food Circus & souvenir stands.

    The Seattle Monorail & amusements.
  • 8 comments:

    Major Pepperidge said...

    Cool! I have some Seattle World's Fair slides, but I know so little about it, that I don't know what the buildings are in many of the slides. Except for the Space Needle, of course! I may go online and buy a vintage souvenir guidebook to help me out.

    Keith said...

    These are so cool. I love shots from the World Fair.

    Scott Schrantz said...

    The "Food Circus" is still there. And coincidentally, it's still a food court. And of course the monorail is still there too, with the original 1962 Alweg trains.

    Viewliner Ltd. said...

    Thank you for the update Scott. Appreciate it.

    Jack said...

    Awesome pictures! Please post more Kodachrome, yes, fortunate! In fact, so vintage cool...

    There is a short film playing at the Seattle International Film Festival that explores the world's fair. Called CC 2010, about a girl trying to sneak into the Pacific Science Center. I hear the imagery will really take you back, but also focuses on what these places look like today.

    The film plays May 31st.

    disa said...

    好神拖,料理,幸福,好色,頂好,好事多,好玩遊戲,史萊姆,線上遊戲,A片下載,影城,愛情公寓,貼圖,情色,網站,遊戲,小說,文學,色情,交友,影片,臺灣,小遊戲,論壇,嘟嘟,視訊,小說,言情小說,貼圖,用品,情趣,漫畫,情色網,情色,遊戲,85cc,嘟嘟,網站,18成人,影片,交友,貼圖,圖片,圖片,文章,小說,光碟,微風,影片,漫畫,文學,遊戲,電影,論壇,成人,做愛,aio,小說,聊天室,聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,視訊,聊天,聊天室,聊天室,聊天室,聊天室,免費視訊,交友

    Seattle Electrician said...

    Awesome pictures! Please post more Kodachrome, yes, fortunate! In fact, so vintage cool...

    Arizona foreclosures said...

    These are so cool. I love shots from the World Fair. Seattle Electrician