Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Classic Airline Ads

Time was when the man who traveled for a living enjoyed precious few hours of home life. But that was before TWA became such a good family friend. Across the U.S. and Overseas... FLY Trans World Airlines.

Not two, but three alert stewardesses assure you every attention in the brief span of a Delta Royal Service Flight. Delta Airlines DC-8 Jetliners are on their way!

Finest thing on Wings! ...and it's all yours on Northwest Airlines.

High, Wide and Handsome - Northwest's Stratocruiser, world's most luxurios airliner.

3 comments:

Keith said...

These are so awesome. I always love checking out vintage ads from the airlines. They just aren't the same anymore.

Gunnar and Sherry said...

I love how formally people used to dress on airplanes. It's like they're going to a Broadway show.

Debbie V. said...

The first time I ever flew in an airplane was in 1973 (I was 22 yrs old). I traveled from Los Angeles to St. Louis on TWA. I was a little nervous at first, but the treatment by the stewardesses was so nice. Not only did we have soft drinks, but a breakfast. Served on a small square plate (not disposable) with sections, I can still remember part of the menu. I had a Spanish omelet and banana bread, along with milk and coffee and I believe some kind of fruit. Coffee was served in a cute little melamine cup (not disposable).
It was a 3.5 hr non-stop flight.