Friday, May 29, 2009

Summertime USA

These are a sample of slides from one of the largest and coolest collections I have ever seen on the internet, with a word from the owner:

Weird, sometimes funny, sometimes sad but decidedly interesting slides of the 20th Century. All of them were up for grabs at estate sales or garage sales or in the trash, their owners long gone. So I came to the rescue with my trusty scanner and Photoshop ~ Simply A Girl From Midwestern USA (Aka: vieilles_annonces on Flickr)

Posing Outside of Maxine's (Between 1949 and 1952).

Boston and Maine Transportation Company Bus
and the Hampton Beach Girls - 1953.

New House, new Corvette, new Babe 1950s.

Galveston, Texas in 1958.

Galveston, Texas in 1958 - Debbie Ferryman.

Laguna Beach, California 1961.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Those are some fun shots. I think in one of them a guy has a pack of Lucky Strike cigarettes in his hand.

I will have to go through some of my dads slides, but if I remember, the quality was not as good as these.

Major Pepperidge said...

Great stuff, I can't get enough of prime photos from the 50's!

Gunnar and Sherry said...

These are stunning!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

A most awesome collection. Lucky Strikes all around. Man! I love Laguna Beach.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

"New House, new Corvette, new Babe" These are super and WOW what a collection, thanks for the link, so much for working on my back yard this morning :-}

TokyoMagic! said...

Hey, that little girl's life preserver has Mickey and Donald on it! (Second photo from the bottom) How cool is that?

Farbror Sid said...

Great pictures!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Glad you all enjoyed these slides as much as I did.