Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Ford Rotunda

Ford Motor Company originally built the Rotunda, designed by Albert Kahn, for the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. After the fair closed, Ford had the Rotunda disassembled and moved to Dearborn, Michigan, where it took 18 months to rebuild on a site directly across from Ford Motor Company's Central Office Building.

Dearborn, Michigan, 1959 - At one time, The Ford Rotunda was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. It burned to the ground on November 9, 1962.

LINK: These slides are from Marcfoto's Photostream on Flickr.

LINK: Here is a Ford Rotunda post I did on June 2nd.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, these are fantastic... I am jealous that I never find slides like this!

Debbie V. said...

I like that sign. Burned to the ground?!? ugh.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Some day I will find that elusive box of slides somewhere. I am always looking for them. Yes its to bad Debbie, that this place burned down.