Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Streets of LA - Postcards

~ Looking West on Sixth St. from Spring 1920's ~

~ Spring Street near Third Street 1900's ~

~ Broadway at Sixth St. showing Story Bldg 1916 ~

~ Broadway ( North) Los Angeles, Cal. 1910's ~

~ Daily Traffic on Broadway 1920's ~


Keith said...

That's cool to see what those cities looked like in the past. I always enjoy pictures like that. It's interesting to see how things have changed, but not always for the better.

Major Pepperidge said...

I have some of those! Love old LA views...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how tall some of those buildings were back in the early 1900's. There was so much land at that time that I am surprised they built up. Growing up I remember the LA City Hall building - I will have to look it up to see when it was built.