Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vegas Strip - 50 Years Ago

Here you have some photographs from the Las Vegas Strip during the summer of 1959. Needless to say the place has changed some.

Flamingo Hotel - Pearl Bailey and Louis Bellson.

Thunderbird Hotel with the China Doll Revue.

Riviera Hotel - The Ritz Brothers.

Royal Nevada - Lulu Bar and Intimate Lounge.

Sahara Hotel - Sophie Tucker and the Ames Brothers.

Sands Hotel - With the "GREAT" Nat King Cole.

Desert Inn - Featuring the McGuire Sisters.

LINK: Pics from actionlog on Flickr. Thanks Man!


Skrip said...

Oh, this is just so wonderful to see! thanks!

Davelandweb said...

What great acts - where do I get tickets?


Gunnar and Sherry said...

I love old Vegas. I was lucky enough to stay at the Stardust back in 2004 and see Wayne Newton at the Wayne Newton Theatre. It's all rubble now.

Major Pepperidge said...

There is just something about Vegas in the 50's... I have a few slides from then, maybe I'll post 'em someday. I have some from the 60's too, night shots that are nice.

Robert Maheu said...

I'm glad all this ugly old stuff is gone.

Everyone knows architecture didn't get good until POST 1974 !

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I'm glad you shot these so we can see them compared to boring Vegas today. Thanks!

Ray said...

Somewhere I hear the voice of Joe Pesci when viewing these pics.

Nice, Vegas of the 50s & 60s, what mystique.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Great observation Ray. LOL!

I see Robert Mahue is in the house.

Thanks for the comments guys. Always appreciated.