Saturday, September 26, 2009

Real American Women

Girls with the neighbors kitty in the 1940's.

Old Ironsides "Sailorette" in the 1950's.

USS Constitution is a wooden hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy. Named after the Constitution of the United States of America by President George Washington, she is the oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat in the world.

The belle's from Cypress Gardens in 1958.

Cypress Gardens opened on January 2, 1936 as a botanical garden planted by Dick and Julie Pope. Over the years, it became one of the biggest attractions in Florida, known for its water ski shows, lush gardens, and Southern Belle models.

A latin beauty in the Olvera St parade in 1967.

Olvera Street is in the oldest part of Downtown Los Angeles, California, and is part of the El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Monument. Many Latinos refer to it as "La Placita Olvera." Circa 1911 it was described as Sonora Town.

Babes at the Artwalk in San Francisco, 1984.

LINK: Photos from "actionlog" on Flickr. Thanks Ryan!


Keith said...

These are awesome. I really love the one of the Latin beauty. Hope you've had a nice weekend.

Major Pepperidge said...

Whoo-ee, that's what I needed this morning! You can't go wrong with beautiful women. They're all gorgeous.

Heidi Ann said...

I have great memories of visiting Olvera Street when I was younger. I wish I still had the great black cotton peasant blouse I got there when I was about 13!