Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Gold Country Girls

It has been said by some that they enjoy my blog because you never know what I will post. Like the proverbial "Box of Chocolates" reference from the movie "Forrest Gump". The same goes for a blog called the "Gold Country Girls". True "Americana" with a woman's touch. I love it!

The girls are three sisters who grew up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains in California, in the area known as the Gold Country, and the Mother Lode. Heidi began her blog in September of 2007 with the hope that her sisters would join in somewhere along the way.

Mostly, they will write about memories, family, friends, vintage collections, crafting, cooking, music, entertainment - pretty much anything that strikes their fancy! And as they say "Maybe something we have to say, show, or tell will strike a chord within you, or spark a memory".

So if you have never visited their blog, check it out and ENJOY !!! And for those of you that have, take another look! Here are the links to a few of my favorite posts they have done. Just click on the pictures and GO! there.

~ Railtown 1897 ~

~ Then And Now #49 Karo Syrup ~

~ The Mad Tea Party ~

~ The Brady Bunch Turns 40 ~

~ California Songs ~

~ Heidis and Goats ~

Thanks ladies, all is truly appreciated, Richard.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Definitely one of my favorites, and like yours, one I read darn near every day!

Heidi Ann said...

Wow, Richard. Talk about a nice shout out! This is just about the nicest post I have ever seen. I think you are an absolute sweetheart.
Thank you SO much!
P.S. I think your blog is fabulous, too.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Awesome Blog link, thanks Richard! Wow, she's got quite the blog going there - Alright, lots of cool stuff to review and look forward too. Hi Heidi Ann!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Shout Outs are my specialty !!!

Keith said...

This has been a really wonderful post. I loved it. The last photo is my favorite. They are all awesome.