Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Fair Flash

Here is one of my favorite 1964-65 New York Worlds Fair Collectibles. A boxed set of 28 picture cards or Flash Cards as they are known. These cards are not numbered and depending on which box you bought, there were always a few different pictures in each box. Below are a sample of some of the cards.

These cards pictured major exhibits and attractions at the fair, either as artist renditions or models. And as the back of the box read: "For Mailing / Affix Addressed Label and Stamp Over Pictured Area". ENJOY!


Major Pepperidge said...

Well, now I wonder how many different cards there actually were? If I started collecting these, I'd want them all!

Heidi Ann said...

Once again- something I have never seen. VERY cool!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

I am working on trying to figure that out that Major.

Heidi Ann, I will be posting some more very soon. A little busy right now. But I'll get them up there.