Monday, March 15, 2010

Peter Graves - R.I.P.

Peter Aurness (March 18, 1926 – March 14, 2010) - Professionally known as Peter Graves, he was an American film and television actor that is best known for his starring role in the television series Mission: Impossible from 1967 to 1973. He was the younger brother of actor James Arness.


Heidi Ann said...

I had not yet heard this news. I have always enjoyed his performances, and I especially loved Mission Impossible. He will be missed.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Thank yuo for this tribute to a great man. I always thought Peter was so cool. From MI to Airplane to the great "Biography" on A&E Peter was always first class all the way.

Peter Graves is one of the very few actors I can honestly say I respect and admire, a true male role model for me, he will be great missed.

I didn't know he was James Arness' brother, another great actor!

Gunnar and Sherry said...

I loved Peter Graves in "Airplane". "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?" makes me laugh every time. It was so great he could make fun of his image that way. He had serious doubts about taking that part and thought his career would be ruined but it turned out great.

Bluekarma said...

..just discovered your blog..another great actor from the past moves on. I always liked this guy and he had a great vocal gift too. These were the faces of my youth and now they are dropping off at an alarming rate! R.I.P. Peter.."self-destruct in 5 seconds"