Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Shirley!

Actress Shirley Temple, 17, gathering her unwanted
clothes together to donate to a clothing drive.
Hollywood, May 1945 - Life Photographer: Martha Holmes.

LINK: Thanks for reminding me Heidi Ann @ Gold Country Girls


Heidi Ann said...

I love this picture!!
Happy Birthday to my all-time favorite actress!

Viewliner Ltd. said...

My favorite too!

Davelandweb said...

Those "unwanted" clothes were actually the costumes she wore in her movies as a child...probably worth a small fortune today. The one she is holding is from "Curly Top" (1935).

Gunnar and Sherry said...

I watched "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" on Turner Classics today. Didn't realize what a good cast it has (Myrna Loy, Ray Collins) and how good Shirley was in it.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Great information Dave. Always good to learn some more. Appreciated.

Good Movie G & S. She is such a cool person.