Friday, May 14, 2010

Press Photos NYWF

This will be a large post because I will be gone for the next few days. So enjoy and have a great week. Thank you all for stopping by. Be back soon!

These are a group of 1964 New York World's Fair Press photographs. Of all the Fairs, this is the one that I enjoy the most. I guess it is because it is easier to relate to than the 1893 World's Fair. Although the 1893 has to be one the greatest fairs of all time, if not the greatest.

The Pepsi-Cola Pavilion - Featuring Walt Disney's "It's A Small World" - And the greatest sculpture ever built, Rolly Crump's, "The Tower of the Four Winds." I know, I know, I use great or greatest a little to much sometimes. But then so did Tony the Tiger, OK!

General Electric's Progressland Featuring Walt Disney's
"Carousel of Progress." The greatest..... Never Mind!

The Ford Motor Company Pavilion
Featuring.... OK, Your turn!

The IBM Pavilion and Gardens.

The Bell Telephone System Pavilion.

The Eastern Airlines Pavilion.

RCA Communications Center.

The Coca-Cola Pavilion.

The Eastman Kodak Pavilion.

And this is the biggest damn spare tire I have ever seen.
The United States Rubber Company Ferris Wheel.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Great post! You know me, I love love love this fair. 1893 is fascinating (Have you read "The Devil in the White City"? It is AMAZING), but as you say, not as easy to relate to for us over 100 years later. The 1939 fair was poised at that incredible time at the end of the Great Depression, before the US became a true world power, and of course before WWII which changed the planet forever.

Enjoy your time off!