Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More KBF Postcards

The years prior to the 20th Century were the days of the Stage Coach, narrow gauge Steam Railroad and the Cable Car. Thes are preserved to a flavorable age at Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, California.

Town Clock - This unique handmade clock tells time in 13 different countries. It was created in two years by a fine German watchmaker who lived in Long Beach, California.

Editors note: If you would like to read more about the Town Clock and where it is now located, visit --- Dreger Clock - An historical restoration project of the Buena Park Historical Society.

Entrance to Jungle Island, filled with Woodimals for children to climb upon and trails to discover - All at Knott's Berry Farm and Ghost Town, Buena Park, California.

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

More vintage Knott's photos.....thank you!

I just saw the Dreger clock in it's new location for the first time on Sunday. It looks great. I'm glad SOMEBODY cared enough to give it the restoration job that it deserved (I'm obviously not talking about YOU, Cedar Fair!)

Heidi Ann said...

Great cards! I always enjoy seeing them.

PTA Transit Authority said...

I saw it a few weeks ago as well Tokyo. Took a lot of pictures. Will probably do a post on it in the near future.

I love 'em to Heidi Ann. Brings back nothing but great memories.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

I saw it a few weeks ago as well Tokyo. Took a lot of pictures. Will probably do a post on it in the near future.

I love 'em to Heidi Ann. Brings back nothing but great memories.

JG said...

I remember the woodimals... very cool.

thank you viewliner.

JG

TokyoMagic! said...

Would love to see your photos of the clock! I was in my car and stuck in traffic, so I got a good look at it (I didn't realize it sat so close to the street), but I didn't get to take any pictures of it.

Major Pepperidge said...

Look at that first photo, all that room. And dirt roads! I rode the train at Knott's during the "Knott's Preserved" event - - it moves so slowly, and half the time you are looking at an ugly fence. I was happy to ride it, but couldn't help thinking of the days when it wasn't so encroached upon.