Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Streets of LA

For your viewing pleasure, here are some more of my favorite postcards of the Los Angeles area during the 1950s. Oh! how things have changed. ENJOY!

BRAND BOULEVARD - Glendale, California - New modern shops on Glendale's main thoroughfare. A city beautiful, nestled in California mountains.

SEVENTH AND BROADWAY - Los Angeles, California - The heartbeat of a busy metropolis.

SAN FERNANDO ROAD - Burbank, California - New modern shops on Burbank's main thoroughfare, constantly increasing with Burbank's fabulous growth.


Heidi Ann said...

I want to go back in time to Beautiful Downtown Burbank and take some shoes in for repair, and shop at Hartfields, Thrifty and Sav-On. And I don't want to have to drive on a freeway to get there.
I love old postcards.

Major Pepperidge said...

Love the Brand Blvd. photo (there's the Alex Theater!), as well as the San Fernando Road picture... in spite of all the changes, it still has an old-fashioned feel to it.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Postcards always reveal a slice of time. I love 'em. Thanks for the comments guys!

Tina Dawn said...

Having been born in a small chiropractic hospital in the middle of the city of Los Angeles in 1951, I feel a pull towards these old postcards and wish I could go back in time with Heidi and find that old place (it is a parking structure now, I believe) and go for a visit and see what it was like. I enjoy your blog. Tina