Friday, July 6, 2012

Main Street - USA

Here are some vintage postcards from my collection. These postcards picture busy and not so busy Main streets through out the good old U.S.A. ENJOY !!!

Weaverville, California - Founded in 1850, an historic California Gold Rush town.

Main Street, Vernal, Utah - Population 7500 - Elevation 5280 feet - Vernal is the gateway to the Flaming Gorge Dam and Dinosaur National Monument.

Downtown Erie, Pennsylvania - State Street at 10th - Erie is known as the Flagship City because of the presence of Oliver Hazard Perry's flagship Niagara. The city has also been called the Gem City because of the "sparkling" lake.

Broad Street Looking East - Richmond, Virginia - The capital of Virginia since 1779, Richmond is an important industrial and commercial center. The city is famous for its historical shrines.


Chiana_Chat said...

Fantastic. I'll be looking at these for a while! At first glance I'd like to pull my classic (then ordinary) car up to the Ranch Cafe in Vernal, UT...

Major Pepperidge said...

Love these... sometimes I'll find a great slide of a main street that is unidentified, and it drives me crazy; I REALLY want to know where it is so that I can Google Map it and compare how it looks today.

The Viewliner Limited said...

I just love collecting these postcards. A piece of 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches of Americana history.

Appreciate the comments folks!

Paul Duca said...

It's amazing how much Erie was still able to look that way decades later, when they filmed THAT THING YOU DO! there.